How can I bear it?

A few days ago a woman came to me crying hysterically. "What else can I do? How can I go through this? How can I bear it? I have prayed to God everyday; I say my rosary and novena three times a day; I go to church; I plead to God that He will help me...but it seems he is not listening. I have no one else to turn to." This was the cry of this woman who is in desperate need.

This woman whom I call Martha is married, has two grown up children, but she is right now at the verge of hopelessness and desperation. Her husband has cancer and does not have work. Her children are married but are not working too. They all live in the same house together. Martha is the only one working but her salary is barely enough to pay their house mortgage. Her credit card debts are insurmountable. There is no way she can pay them. But that is not all - a week ago, her husband has been accused of some misdeamenor by his daughter. Now, Martha's husband was not allowed to stay in or near the house with family, or be near with his grandkids. A court hearing is set next week on the case.

How can I bear all these? Martha asks. She seems to have no way out. She is in pain and don't know what to do next. Yes, it is easy to say to her..God loves you.He will take care of you. But is that all we can say to her?

I ask you to pray with me for Martha. When at times we complain that we are suffering from some kind of trial, or difficulties in our lives-- think about Martha. We just don't know that there are people who are suffering out there more than we are.

0 comments:

Powered by WebRing.