I Call it a Miracle

As some of you may know, I just came back a week ago from a pilgrimage to Portugal, Spain and France. Our European tour and pilgrimage was so great & fascinating. It was not just a sightseeing of many wonderful and exquisite places, but a faith-filled journey. We visited many shrines and holy places, including Fatima in Portugal and Lourdes in France. These were the highlights of our pilgrimage.

On this pilgrimage, there was something that happened that I could not forget- and which I call a miracle. We were traveling from Burgos,Spain going to Loyola, Spain. This was a four hour journey. Along the way, we stopped by a restaurant to take lunch. Now I was carrying a small bag which contained all my documents like passport, Socialsecurity, xerox copy of my passport, our travel itinerary, camera,camcorder, and all my cash money. When we took lunch at this restaurant, I put my bag at the back of my chair. After lunch, when we got up to leave, I simply forgot my bag on the chair. I only realized that I left my bag in the restaurant when we were already in Loyola,Spain. That was four hours drive away. Now just imagine the feeling that I had when I realized that all my documents, and money were gone? We could not go back because we were catching up with our schedule. In fact, we were a little behind in our schedule already. In that evening, were were heading to Fatima, Portugal. But when we were in Loyola,Spain, during the mass that we had at the house of St. Ignatius of Loyola, we prayed during the mass that somebody will find my bag and return it to me. Believe it or not, after the mass- our tour guide and manager, Ari, was able to call back the restaurant to inquire. And lo and behold, someone found my bag. And this person who found my bag sent it by mail to our hotel in Caen, France. I received my bag in France after five days with everything in it. Nothing inside the bag was lost or taken. I had everything intact. Now, would you call this a coincidence? or a chance, maybe, or just mere luck? NO. I call this a miracle. I believe in the power of prayer and the goodness of people. We prayed earnestly for it, and God readily answered. For this experience I thank God that there are still some people in this world who are honest and good. And of course, if you pray earnestly, God will answer your prayers. Maybe not always according to your time. But He will answer you. No doubt about it.

0 comments:

Powered by WebRing.